Everpure Water Filter H-1200: Clean Water from the Tap
Life on earth depends on water. Unfortunately, because of decades of abuse and misuse, many of our water resources have become contaminated by all manner of impurities -- some more harmful than others. Municipal water sources, especially, can be subpar in terms of cleanliness and safety, putting households and businesses at risk for poor-tasting drinking water and unsuitable liquid for cooking. For this reason, easy home or office water filter installation is a real benefit to people everywhere.
Having your own steady supply of clean drinking water presents several advantages:
Water contains several chemicals and substances that may adversely affect health. Here are some contaminants found in municipal water supplies:
One of the main problems discovered in city water systems is the presence of lead. Lead contamination occurs when pipes (particularly those installed before 1986) corrode. Lead is a tasteless, colourless, and odourless substance; detection by natural means is impossible and can only be done via expert testing. It is extremely toxic; inhalation and ingestion can lead to various health issues, including:
- Problems during pregnancy - Lead can harm both pregnant mothers and their fetuses if ingested -- or if lead stored in bones finds its way into the bloodstream. This can cause hypertension in pregnant women, miscarriage, preterm birth, or deterred fetal development resulting in a low birth weight.
- Cognitive development in children - Exposure can lower a child's intelligence quotient (IQ), lead to short attention span, hinder learning ability, and inspire antisocial behaviour. It has also been found to induce pica, a compulsion to eat inedible substances (e.g. hair, dirt, or paint).
- Emotional disorders - Among children exposed to lead, emotional disorders can manifest as irritability and temper tantrums; in adults, this can present as anxiety or depression.
- Physical health - Both children and adults are affected by lead ingestion. Some potential problems include decreased fertility, anaemia, high blood pressure, and kidney failure. Immunotoxicity may cause the development of autoimmune diseases (e.g. lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia). Other symptoms include weight loss (due to loss of appetite), vomiting and abdominal pain, and fatigue. It can also attack the brain and nervous system causing "coma, convulsions and even death" according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Major cities like Toronto offer free testing of household drinking water lead levels. It’s recommended that people with babies ensure the safety of their drinking water. After you have the kit, fill the vial with water and label it with the date, time, and location of the water source. It can then be dropped at a designated office and the results will be mailed to your residence.
Used to disinfect water supplies, chlorine affects the taste and smell of water and can cause various health problems. Chlorine may be known to effectively destroy harmful microorganisms and pathogens (like salmonella and hepatitis virus) from water; but the chemical can also irritate the eyes, nasal passages, and skin (possibly aggravating existing skin conditions like eczema). Long-term exposure to chlorinated water increases the risk of cardiovascular problems, bladder cancer, and asthma attacks in individuals with poor respiratory health (particularly children).
A combination of chlorine and ammonia, chloramine functions much like chlorine in that its primary function is to sanitize water (though it is less effective). It can lead to or aggravate respiratory issues, skin conditions (e.g. psoriasis and eczema), gastrointestinal problems, kidney and liver diseases, and anemia.
Methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) is a fuel oxygenate -- a chemical compound used as a gasoline additive to decrease levels of carbon monoxide and soot. In humans, it can cause nausea, fatigue, headaches, nasal and throat irritation, and abdominal pain.
Further research is needed to further determine how MTBE can affect humans, but it has been linked to health issues in animals, specifically rodents. In mice and rats, the chemical is known to cause problems in the nervous system, leukemia, and birth defects. It can also exacerbate kidney and and liver problems.
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are hazardous carbon compounds. They can cause a variety of symptoms including:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat
- Liver and kidney damage
- Respiratory irritation
Because of paints and other chemicals that are improperly disposed of and seep into ground water, VOCs are now a greater concern.
Giardia, Cyclosporiasis, and Cryptosporidium and their cysts can also find their way into public drinking sources. These particular parasites are known contaminants in both raw food and water.
Children and adults with compromised immune systems are at the greatest risk of contracting illnesses carried by these parasites. Symptoms can present as diarrhea, gas, nausea, and mild to severe abdominal cramps.
Removal of these contaminants can significantly reduce health risks (such as gastrointestinal problems, respiratory issues, impaired neurological development in children, reproductive health problems, and cancer).
Promotes Overall Health
There are several benefits to ingesting clean water, and bathing in it:
- Better skin and hair
- Weight control
- Boost in energy
- Fewer sick days
- Better digestion
Many households and businesses are choosing to install water filtration systems to protect their health and make better-tasting food.
Saves Household Expenses
Unfiltered water contains limescale that can build up in water delivery systems (like pipes, shower heads, and faucets) as well as appliances (like dishwashers and washing machines. This can increase the energy consumption and rack up hydro bill costs. Having water filters installed in these areas can ultimately save money.
Helps the Environment
These days, many people rely on bottled water but, doing so jeopardizes the health of the planet. The consumption of bottled water has caused a number of problems globally:
- Shortage of Landfills - Canada alone, as many as 65 million plastic bottles are discarded in landfills every year, taking up as much as 80% of landfill space in some communities. Considering that it takes 300 years for plastic bottles to decompose, more land will be used for garbage, instead of farming, forests, and development.
- Ocean Leakage - According to a 2015 study by the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS), about 8 million metric tons of plastic leaks into the ocean every year. This places marine life at risk as they ingest toxic byproducts of degrading plastic. In turn, humans are at risk of consuming contaminated seafood.
- Energy Consumption - It takes considerable amounts of fossil fuel to manufacture and transport plastic bottles, further escalating our collective carbon footprint, and contributing to climate change.
- Water Shortage - The bottled water industry has been associated with water shortages mostly due to large corporations withdrawing water from communities in spite of severe droughts.
Filtering your own water supply means not having to rely on bottled water. You can help protect the health of Mother Earth and guarantee the continued existence of ocean life by changing your water drinking habits.
The Everpure Water Filter H-1200
Everpure is a prominent leader in the water filtration industry, known for their innovative and excellent water filter systems. Their filters and cartridges are trusted by other big brand names like Coca-Cola ® and Walt Disney World ® -- establishments that provide beverages to thousands (if not millions) of people every day.
The H-1200 water filter is used in various residential filtration systems offered by Everpure. It deals with most impurities and has the following features:
- Equivalent to 7,573 bottles of water
- Exclusive Micro-Pure filtering
- Commercial grade metal (for protection from splitting and bursting)
- Food grade polymer lining
- KDF media (for preventing scale buildup)
- NSF/ANSI 53 certified
- Quick-change cartridge (for sanitary changes)
- Beautiful faucets sold separately
- 1,000-gallon (3,780-litre) capacity
- .5 micron filter
- .5 GPM flow rate
- 10 to 125 PSI (non-shock)
- 35 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lead (by 99.3% at pH 6.5 and 98.6% at pH 8.5)
- MTBE (by 96.4%)
- Cysts (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium, and Cyclospora) by 99.9%
- Volatile organic compounds (including THMs)
You can protect your family, customers, and coworkers by providing a reliable walter filtration system. Contact a provider that can ship to you today.
Efilters is a trusted provider of water filtration solutions that suits both residential and commercial applications. We have over 25 years of experience in the industry and supply homes, offices, and food service businesses with Everpure water filters. For high-quality and reliable water filtration systems (including cartridges and faucets), call us toll-free at 1-866-283-9919.