Myths about Water Filtration Debunked by the H1200 Cartridge
Many people know the benefits of having a water filter at home to purify your water supply and keep it clean but some people cling to myths about water filtration. Canada may have good water quality, but certain municipalities’ old pipes can allow some impurities into your tap water. Purification systems aren’t just used for food production and restaurants to remove harmful chemicals and germs from water. Various businesses understand the value of clean, good tasting water for both employees and clients.
If you’re holding onto falsehoods that prevent you from getting a water filter system, we’ll debunk them for you here.
You can also argue that bottled water is actually more expensive. It might be cheaper buying bottled water in the short-term, but in the long run the costs add up. With bottled water, you have to keep buying new bottles as needed; in contrast, you only have to pay a one-time investment for a water filter, then regular maintenance. Consuming fewer bottles of water also saves you the added costs of disposing of them, which can help your budget considerably.
- They’re high maintenance - Water filters do need maintenance from time to time, but those intervals are fairly few and far between. Cartridges are designed to last at least six months before needing replacement. At most, you’ll only need to replace them twice a year, which should give you ample time to order replacements.
- They’re difficult to install - Filtration systems are considered difficult to install, but the truth is that putting them into a commercial building or under the kitchen sink in a house is fairly easy. Commercial model installation might require a professional (especially for food service businesses), but only because they’re more complex to install and operate. Household filter models are designed for quick and easy installation by most anyone. You can also get guidance over the phone from a reputable dealer.
- Water purification does not retain essential minerals - Water purification removes harmful chemicals using different methods, depending on the system you purchase. In some cases, it’s possible to accidentally remove essential minerals (e.g. calcium, magnesium, and salt) from the water. These cases usually happen when the method used is too aggressive. However, the idea that all water purification methods remove vital minerals from water is incorrect. In fact, an Everpure H1200 cartridge wouldn’t remove essential minerals at all. They are specifically designed to preserve the taste and purity of water.
- Boiling water is enough to remove impurities - Boiling is a fairly safe and inexpensive method of disinfecting water to make it drinkable. If your goal is to remove germs in the water, it works well enough. However, there can more contaminants in city-supplied water than germs. Also, untreated water can contain harmful chemicals that can affect your health and damage appliances in your home.
Many communities use chlorine to disinfect their water, which does eliminate many germs. Chlorine can also cause cancer (if drunk in large quantities). Tap water can contain other chemicals (e.g. arsenic, lead, and pesticides) picked up as the liquid travels through pipes. Boiling does nothing to remove these chemicals from your water.
Boiling is also much less efficient than using a filtration system. It can take up to 20 minutes of boiling to eliminate germs. After that, the water can be reinfected if left to cool in an open container. Install water filtration systems at home or work for more efficient purification of your water. A water filter not only filters incoming germs, it can also catch cysts that might otherwise be resistant to boiling.
- Iodine or chlorine will do - Some homeowners add chlorine or iodine to their water to try to purify it themselves. This might give you some security in making doubly sure your water is pure. Chlorine powder and iodine tablets can easily kill most pathogens, but that leads to its own set of problems.
While chlorine and iodine do kill pathogens that cause disease, they are also dangerous to drink themselves. Adding them to your water is an exercise in futility. Thankfully, Everpure H1200 cartridges are part of a filtration system that removes dangerous chemicals from your water. Keep your water safe without contaminating it in a different way.
- Softening and filtering are the same
As mentioned before, many city water treatment facilities use chlorine to decontaminate water sent to private homes, residences, and commercial buildings. Water softeners remove minerals from hard water (e.g. calcium). This makes them effective at protecting pipes and appliances from calcification, but they aren’t built to remove chemicals like chlorine. Water filters are a more appropriate choice for this particular job.
They are designed to filter chlorine and iodine from the water and make it more pure. Softeners would miss those chemicals entirely, making the water unsafe to drink. If your water contains both hard minerals and chemicals you may need a filter and a softener to make it safe for drinking (and bathing). In fact, installing both can improve the performance and lifespan of a softener, letting you get the most out of all your systems.
One sign you may need a water filter is if your water smells or tastes bad, an indication that it contains unsafe chemicals. Hard water can calcify your home appliances, causing deposits of minerals to build up on faucets. Keep an eye for these clues to tell you which one you need.
- DIY filters work well - Some homeowners may believe that DIY methods of filtration work well enough for their needs. For example, using old clothes as makeshift filters to strain visible sediments from water, then boiling it to remove germs seems like it should work. That’s a myth.
Unfortunately, this approach doesn’t do anything to filter chemicals and toxins. For that, you need professional-grade filters that are sensitive to very small particles. Clothes aren’t fine enough filters; use filtration devices made by experts to purify your water properly.
Water is a vital need for everyone; if you want to ensure yours is pure and clean, invest in water filtration systems to be able to purify your water properly and make it safe to drink. Believing in do-it-yourself ideas and other myths won’t protect your water. Contact your local water filtration solutions provider to inquire about reliable, inexpensive water filtration systems.
Efilters.net provides both technical expertise and excellent filtration products to get you healthy drinking water. We cater to both residential and commercial needs. Whether for business or home purposes, you deserve clean water. Give us a call at 1-866-283-9919. Place an order before 2:30 PM EST, and we can ship it on the same day.